Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring Planting

For the first time in my life I bought two plants that will produce edible products. Two small jalapeno pepper plants help me enter the world of gardening. I also bought two lavender plants and mint. Plus marigolds, hens and chickens, and a dusty miller. I still have the fountain and the front patch to plant. I also have two large clay pots that I am going to use for my first foray in container gardening. On my fence hang several planters but I'm not quite sure what to do with them. This face belongs to a terracotta planter hanging on my
fence but I'm not quite sure what to plant in her. I don't want to detract from her medieval qualities.


The area I have to plant is just about the right size for me. I have a small deck and then a small yard. I don't want to put down anything permanent so I'm content with containers. I am thinking about a rose plant, just to see if I can do that. Rose moss goes in the fountain, unless I decide on begonias. Then the rose moss will go in the front garden patch. Many of my plants from last year survived so I moved them to the deck. Just in time for the torrential downpour we've had for four days. I don't think any of them drowned but will have to wait and see. I also bought some seeds and can't wait to plant them. It has been a long time since I planted any seeds.

I just hope they all live.

No comments: