Monday, March 2, 2009

End of 2 and beginning of 3

When I woke on Sunday, I felt a sense of peace and joy that I had again survived February. February has always been my least favorite month. Not because I'm single and February is the "love month" (I love Valentine's Day) but because I am almost always broke by the time February rolls around. My children have birthdays in November (1) and January (2) which bookcase Christmas. My mother's birthday is also in January. This year I had a granddaughter to buy for - in fact, she may have been the only one to receive store-bought gifts. I made most of my gifts this year but supplies cost. Now that I am in law school and working for the university, I pay taxes on my tuition benefits out of my last six pay checks of 2008. (I know, I am going to feel so good when I graduate without law school debt!) Joyful, peaceful and grateful that another February had been survived.

My happiness lasted until my Sunday school class reminded me that DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME starts on Sunday.

Ugh! It takes me days (weeks) to adjust the springing forward. So I am going to be really happy until 2:00 am March 8th.

No comments: