Wednesday, February 18, 2009

New Start



One thing I miss about teaching is the number of times you can start new. There is the traditional New Year's Day but then, if you teach high school kids as I did, there are the start of two new semesters. I probably made more resolutions for the start of the new terms than I did for the new year.

Today I am making another new start. For the first time in my life, I am participating in a weight-loss/redesign your life program. My employer is sponsoring (and paying) for this and I was one of the ones who was accepted into the program. The instructor made a great deal of sense and I really feel that this program will work for me. I would like to lose all the weight that I've gained over the last twenty years and return to a more attractive size and a more active lifestyle.
After all, I have a granddaughter to watch grow!

No comments: